Terms and Conditions
Regular Domestic Cleaning (minimum two hours per visit)
As part of this type of cleaning, we will:
- Clean and polish all surfaces
- Clean toilets
- Hoover and mop all floors and stairs
Payments should be made by cash, cheques or direct debit. If payment is made in cash, it should be given directly to the cleaner at the end of a cleaning service.
Cancellation of agreed work
We wish to retain and keep our cleaners happy and continue to provide Makaron Limited's clients with their good services. In order to achieve this goal, Makaron Limited has decided that:
1. Cancellation of work
When a cancellation occurs at the last minute, half the fee should be paid to the cleaner (whether the work was for two hours or more - where the client has given no prior warning - otherwise, the cleaner is not being paid for the time allocated to provide the client with a cleaning service).
To cancel a cleaning service from the client, when a time and date were previously agreed, Makaron Limited needs a prior warning of these changes – and this should be done 24 hours before the work is due to begin.
If such cancellation occurs, the client needs to pay a fee (see 1.a).
In terms of cancellation from a client a week before the work is due to commence, if a client wishes to retain the same cleaner (whether the client is taken ill for more than a week or away on holiday) the client must pay a retainer’s fee to keep the same cleaner.
2. Client’s ill health
When there is a cancellation because of the client’s ill-health, a phone call must be made on the morning of the cleaning service at the latest (or earlier if possible), however, a retainer fee must be paid if the client wishes to retain the cleaner’s services, otherwise the cleaner shall be placed elsewhere.
3. Client's holidays
Two weeks’ warning should be given to Makaron Limited when there is a cancellation of work and a retainer’s fee should be paid if the Client wishes to keep the same cleaner. Clients can ask for spring cleaning to be done while on holiday.
4. Cleaner’s holidays
Makaron Limited will inform a client a week in advance of the dates of a cleaner’s holiday and will replace the services with another cleaner. Makaron Limited cannot promise to send such a cleaner on the same day and time (an agreed arrangement can be made by phone).
f a cleaner is ill, Makaron Limited shall tell the client as early as possible, replacing her with another cleaner, with the client’s agreement.
5. Termination of Service
- If the Client wishes to terminate Makaron Limited's services, please contact us two weeks in advance on the following telephone number: 01582533952
- Any changes to the services agreed beforehand cannot be made on Mondays to Fridays after 6.00 pm, on Saturdays from 12.00 pm and on Sundays all day
- Makaron Limited working hours are: Mondays to Fridays from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm and Saturday from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm.
6. Cleaning appointments
- Clients should contact Makaron Limited to arrange cleaning services either by telephone, email or website and must agree to Makaron Limited's terms and conditions.
- A client cannot arrange and organise future appointments privately with the cleaner without notifying Makaron Limited, otherwise the client shall be charged a penalty.
- The client must ensure that no locks are forgotten in the key section – otherwise if the cleaner is unable to open the entrance door, the cleaner has to be paid their cleaner’s fee.
7. The Services Provided Are:
- Makaron Limited agrees to deliver a good cleaning service as expected by future clients and as specified under these Terms and Conditions in a professional manner by providing care and attention to detail in order to accomplish a satisfactory cleaning service.
- The client must provide Makaron Limited or the cleaner with a list of tasks, cleaning materials and equipment. Makaron Limited cannot be held responsible for an unsuccessful cleaning visit if the cleaning materials and equipment are not provided or are faulty. If these cannot be provided, Makaron Limited can bring what is needed against a small fee.
- The cleaner shall not be expected to move heavy objects such as a sofa, a chest of drawers, a fridge, dining tables or glass tables, etc.
8. Child Minding Services
Makaron Limited services are a cleaning company only.
We are not qualified to provide child minding services. Should you require your child to be looked after by persons other than your family or friends, you should contact a qualified child minding company.
Makaron Limited does not offer a child minding service. This means that none of our cleaners can take the responsibility of looking after your child during our normal working hours or after.
Private Employment of our Cleaners
The client is not allow to employ any Makaron LTD cleaner for a period of at least six months after:
- Makaron Limited has terminated the employment of that cleaner,
- that cleaner has terminated their employment with Makaron Limited.